Junior had 24 packs of playing cards. His brother Sergio had one fourth as many packs. If each pack had 54 playing cards, how many cards did Sergio have?
Unless you have a surprise ending that wows your audience, your may need to put some important thoughts at the end of your narrative composition. If you are stuck, you could use one of the sentence starters below.
I will always remember …
I wish …
My hope is …
That (moment/day/evening) I decided to …
The word “and” is mostly prohibited in expository writing class. Instead, use some of the words listed below.
… is caused by …
… is important because …
… is studied by …
… was studied by …
… because …
An imporatnt fact is …
This proves that …
… proves that …
Equally important is the study of …
As an illustration,
As an example,
In other words,
As a result,
Therefore, we can conclude …
The conjunction “and” is mostly prohibited in narrative writing class. You can connect events, and sentences using some of the words below.
After a few seconds,
After pondering for a moment,
As soon as
After a while,
Not long after
After what seemed like an eternity,
In the meantime,
When it was all said and done,
Research the following questions.
1) Which European country ruled Mexico and Texas in the early 1800’s?
2) Why did Mexico want to become independent from Spain?
3) Who was Stephen F. Austin and what was he doing in Texas?
4) Why did Texas want to become independent from Mexico?
5) How was slavery different in Mexico and Texas?
6) What was the first battle of the Texas revolution? What happened?